Make part of the vervet monkeys animal conservation volunteer program in South Africa where help is needed with the integration of the foster moms of 23 little orphans back into the troops.
Orphaned Vervet Monkeys from other places are given a loving home….
Join the family at this amazing primate sanctuary. At this special initiative, orphaned primates come from near and far and are given a loving home where they are rehabilitated and cared for until they can be released back into the wild.
With over 500 cheeky monkeys in care at any one time, this sanctuary always needs an extra pair of helping hands. Your participation will help to ensure they are all well fed, cared for and loved; and will help raise funds to maintain the place up to scratch for its gorgeous guests.
Care for the Monkey’s Wellbeing in South Africa
This is an incredible option for those who go bananas for animals as you will get the chance to work hands on the vervet monkeys, under the guidance of experienced professionals. At other occasions, you will be helping to carry out all the back-stage tasks which really ensure the monkeys’ wellbeing.
“I’m having a wonderful time here and there is nothing that I don’t like.” Gijs van Suijlichem in our South African program
At the same time you will get to experience the amazing life in the African bush, and make friends you will remember forever – some furry and some a little less so.
Highlights for Animal Conservation Volunteers
- You must be 18+ years old.
- Working and living with Vervet Monkeys.
- Enjoying the bush life of South Africa
- Meeting amazing people from all over the world.
Qualifications and requirements for Animal Conservation Volunteers in South Africa:
- You must have a Tuberculosis (TB) test, or a free letter from a medical professional to state that you don’t have it – This is really important as it if for the safety of the animals.
- You must be willing to get your hands dirty and really give your all. You will be required to help with a broad variety of tasks from observation & research, to the construction of new enclosures, maintenance, or eradicating invader plant species.
- You must be passionate about primates and love animals, you must be committed to taking care of them.
Go ahead and become an Animal Conservation Volunteer in South Africa
Learn more about South Africa Animal Conservation Projects
Read more about wildlife volunteering in South Africa: