Volunteer in India with IKPVA bringing your love and affection to help us teach and play with disabled children.
Volunteering with Disabled Children at a Special Care School in Jaipur City
The project is running in the Special Care Schools of India in Jaipur city. The project is a nonresidential program for mentally disabled children. All the children live in the nearby areas of the centers. There is a special schedule for the children in which all the activities have a special timing for each age group. Hundreds of children are getting benefits from the centres. All the children are divided into the groups (Classes) as per their mental level. These schools allow them to get an education and the children are enrolled in Open School Examination patter so that they get certificates of education. There are also some vocational training classes for them as well like cooking, using some machines like coffee machines, photo copiers, washing machines; also there are courses in typing practice, making handmade artisan products, etc. Volunteers will be expected to give one to one care and assistance to the children in teaching, training, exercise, sports, writing, speaking & other daily activities.
In this project your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Interact with the special children, local staff & other volunteers
- Observe their activities & get to know the style of working with them
- Teach general subjects like Math, English etc.
- Help them in completing their home-works & class works
- Help the local staff in preparing food and assisting the children in writing, reading, painting, support them in doing their exercises
- Counsel their parents on proper care of the children
- Do art & craft, music & dance kind of fun centered activities & Make learning fun & exciting for them
- Organize local trips & Picnic for the kids with approval from the center
- Make them feel that they are adorable & normal like other kids & helping the staff while having their lunch & to Watch over the kids when they are on the ground
- Organize small sports competitions in which the physical training must be involved, so that they can enjoy it & it will prove beneficial for them as well.
This is an incredible opportunity to share in the lives of some loving, gentle, deserving children and help to offer them a brighter future in spite of their disabilities. You will also be living in the beautiful city of Jaipur, experiencing the vibrancy of the ‘Pink City’. This project is particularly well suited to teaching students, people with training or experience working with special-needs and anyone with a big heart and a love for children.
Want to Volunteer in India with Disabled Chidren?
Find the complete information about some of our best volunteer projects in India here, everything provided with the volunteer program, requirements and fees and proceed with the application.
Read more about volunteer experiences in India: