Enjoy our extremely affordable Teaching English Program in Ibagué
Columbia Volunteer Programs
This project is situated in Ibagué. The musical capital of Colombia, Ibagué is a beautiful city, which is much safer and cheaper than either Bogotá or Medellin. It is situated nearby to broad areas of natural beauty and wildlife.
Accommodation & Meals
During your stay you will be living in the third-floor institute. There's the teacher's bedroom with its own bathroom, and it has a terrace.
We've got a kitchen with all utensils, microwave, fridge and washing machine, available. You can buy food from a supermarket 2 blocks away from the institute and prepare your own meals, for the meals not already included.
Start & Duration
Projects in Colombia start on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. Participants may choose to volunteer from 4 to 12 weeks
Orientation takes place on Sunday after the arrival date.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement.
- You must speak fluent English.
- Volunteers are expected to stay for a minimum of one month, and can stay up to three months.
- All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
You will have a competent support and advices from the local team and project leaders. Someone will always be available in the case of any emergency. Please keep in mind that you are in a different country and should take some precautions to avoid exposing yourself to certain risks.
The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.
Most affordable Volunteer Program
PROGRAM FEE: only U$ 200 for 4 weeks; and extra weeks for U$16 each
- You will also have to pay a one-time registration fee of US$199 to cover administration and marketing costs.
- The registration fee for the program in Colombia is not refundable.
- In this unique program you have absolutely no program fees to pay whatsoever. All you pay is a one-time registration fee of US$229 to cover all the administration costs and your placement.
What is included in the Volunteer in Colombia program?
- Airport or bus terminal pickup in Ibague city
- In-Country Program Orientation
- One meal per day from Monday to Friday
- Free Spanish classes
- Support from local staff & Program supervision
- In-country 24/7 support throughout your stay
- In-country administration costs
- Transport to and from weekend activities
What is not included?
- Flights to Colombia
- Vaccinations (make sure you consult your GP at least 6 weeks before departure)
- Travel & Health Insurance (Obligatory)
- Other meals
- All other personal expenses and tours& activities
Note: Iko Poran prides itself on transparency and always strives to keep all fees as low as possible in order to enable more people to actively participate in volunteering. We assure you that there are no hidden costs other than those listed above.