Volunteer on Women and Girls empowerment in Uganda to support women to achieve their rights, develop skills, generate income. Women in Africa, Uganda inclusive, are an economically disadvantaged group, in particular women in rural areas. The lack of economic power of the rural communities, especially among women, is a major obstacle to long-term development in Uganda.
Five Key Programs for Women Empowerment
IKPVA Uganda works with local communities to promote gender equality, help women overcome difficult circumstances, and empower them to reach their full potential, through five key programs:
- Education (literacy) — rights and life skills
- Saving and micro-credit through cooperative groups
- Income generative skills training — agricultural and non-agricultural products
- Women’s health and maternity education
- Teaching English language for young women
Please note: volunteers do not need to be qualified or experienced to participate in the women empowerment program, however volunteers with special expertise are highly appreciated.
Volunteer with Women Empowerment in Uganda
Find the full information about volunteering in Uganda here. Learn about everything with the program provided, requirements and costs and proceed with your application.