Volunteer with Women Empowerment in India with IKPVA providing sustainable development opportunities to girls and women.
In this project you will be placed in one of the local NGOs operating in the urban, semi-urban & rural areas of Jaipur. There, you will be working as avolunteer in the fields of awareness, counseling and empowerment of females.
Sustainable Development Perspectives for Women
All the projects provide sustainable development opportunities to girls and women – mothers, grandmothers and daughters – through education and motivation. There are regular rallies and marches to help raise awareness among women about their rights & justice. Seminars are organized to raise voices against domestic violence, eve-teasing (cat-calling) & harassment. Counseling surveys can be done to serve the purpose of the programs. There are regular classes to educate these women to make them self-independent. In India most of the women bear violence and harassment because of dependence on their husbands and fear for their families. So becoming self-dependent is the first step to stop all violence and harassment.
Women Empowerment Volunteers working with:
- Assisting the instructor in special activities organized for women like sewing, stitching
- Teaching the women general math & English
- Teaching them about culinary hygiene & educating them about women rights
- Helping the local staff in documentation
- Helping the women in exploring the new ways of earning money & becoming financially independent
- Teaching them about preparing a Home Budget
- Educating them about how to obtain a loan to start their own small ventures
- Preparing SHG (Self Help Groups), with the help of local banking institutions
- Supporting them in promoting and selling their hand-made products
- Being a confidante and providing emotional support
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside strong and effective women, helping in the process of improving the social position of the women and raising awareness of the importance of feminism in a country where many women are still very much treated as inferior. At the same time you will get to explore this beautiful country and the Indian way of life. This is your chance to make an impact in someone’s life. This project is perfect for anyone who believes in equality. Whoever you are you help will be very much appreciated!
Feel inspired for a trip to India?
Visit the page of IKPVA with all about volunteering in India.
You might also like to read Lea’s testimonial about her volunteer trip to India, including a video.